Effective date: July 1, 2020
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.pocky.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the https://www.pocky.com website operated by Ezaki Glico USA Corporation
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Ezaki Glico USA Corporation may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Ezaki Glico USA Corporation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Ezaki Glico USA Corporation aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Ezaki Glico USA Corporation relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: 17780 Fitch Suite 140 Irvine, CA 92614, United States
California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to information we maintain that can identify, relate to, describe, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”). For more information about what California Personal Information we collect, share, use, and sell, please see the following sections, as applicable.
Consumers with disabilities may access this Notice by using a standard screen reader or contacting us using the contact methods identified in Section 7 below for additional information on accessibility.
1. California Personal Information We Collect
Ezaki Glico USA Corporation and Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (“Glico” or “we”) collected the following categories of California Personal Information in the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement)
- Geolocation information
- Sensory information (such as audio and electronic information)
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above
2. Categories of Sources of California Personal Information
We obtain California Personal Information from a variety of sources. In particular, we have collected California Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Consumers (when placing online orders or uploading reviews, opinions, comments, inquiries, and complaints; by email correspondence; by postal mail; by fax; or through in-person interactions);
- Visitors to our website;
- Service providers, operating systems and platforms; and
- Social networks.
3. Our Use of California Personal Information
We use and disclose California Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Our commercial purposes, which include:
- Communicating with you about our products, services, campaigns and events offered by Glico, including responding to your enquiries and complaints and providing news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services, with an aim to improve or develop our products and services and distribute targeting advertising, thereby enabling commercial transactions.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, analytics, and responding to your inquiries;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other short-term, transient uses.
4. Recipients of California Personal Information
Within the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed or sold California Personal Information to the categories of third parties below:
|Categories of Personal Information:||Disclosed for business purposes to the following categories of third parties:||Sold to the following categories of third parties:|
|Identifiers||Marketing and analytics service providers
Affiliates under the "Glico" brand
|Third-party Internet advertising networks that provide you with relevant Internet-based advertisements across the Internet
Third-party content providers
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Marketing and analytics service providers||Third-party Internet advertising networks that provide you with relevant Internet-based advertisements across the Internet
Third-party content providers
|Geolocation information||Marketing and analytics service providers||Third-party Internet advertising networks that provide you with relevant Internet-based advertisements across the Internet
Third-party content providers
|Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences||Marketing and analytics service providers||Third-party Internet advertising networks that provide you with relevant Internet-based advertisements across the Internet
Third-party content providers
5. Your Rights Regarding California Personal Information
California residents have certain rights with respect to California Personal Information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding California Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information; our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information; the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Other California Privacy Rights. Under California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), you, as a California resident, may ask us to request a list of the categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. You may also ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verification information, as further described below:
- By phone at 833-251-0144
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opt out of sales online at “Cookie Settings / Do Not Sell My Personal information".
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide certain personal information to countercheck with our records.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by submitting this FORM via email.
6. Minors' Right to Opt In
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell California Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
7. Contact for More Information
- By phone at 833-251-0144
- Via email at email@example.com
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Last Reviewed Date: July 1, 2021